* Am feeling good.
* Am feeling the baby move early in the morning and late at night. This week has been the official "feel her outside of the belly" week! Daniel felt her last night before he fell asleep and it was pretty amazing, seeing as he missed those first kicks with Braden.
* Have gained close to 1 pound per week up until now. Right on track with what the Dr. wanted since I started out slightly under weight.
Starting weight: 110lbs.-- Current weight: 129 lbs.
* Have been exercising (walking) almost every day and yet I'm still consistently gaining. It is clearly what my body needs. Anyone who counted calories for as long as I did and then suddenly stopped would have gained weight--baby or no baby. I'm ok with that:)
* Am experiencing alot of leg pain (yes, still...)
* Have been taking the kids outside to play every second I get the chance!!!
* Am LOVING the "lemonades" girl scout cookies.
* Have been organizing closets in preparation for eventual painting and room changes!
* Feel less moody; more stable; extremely in love; thankful for the sunshine.
Thanks for reading our "love story."
I purposed myself awhile ago to look back into our romance and remember why it is I fell in love with this man that I now share life with. Of course I still love him; more than ever, in fact. But now it is for different reasons. It's because he's a wonderful father, a great provider and because I have amazing respect for him. However, when he walks in the door after a long day at work, I still cannot wait to kiss him and tell him how much I missed him. It's just that in the routine of life, it is nice to bring up the feelings that got us to this place in the beginning. Writing our story is helping me live those moments all over again. I am doing it, mostly for me, but am thankful that you are enjoying it-as so many of you have written to tell me you are!
This week I'm also having lots of guilty mommy feelings.
I think it's the winter days finally coming to a close. I'm so thankful!!! But, in the midst of it all, I feel like I'm not spending near enough time with the kids. I know I'm here with them all day but there is always busyness elsewhere that seems like it needs to be done. At the end of the day, I wonder, did I do enough today? And in my mind, I just keep thinking, "when spring gets here, I'll definitely feel better..."
We're just out of stuff to do in this house with one another! I'm so sick of cartoons I could puke and the kids are so tired of play-dough and color crayons they don't even ask anymore. It's a long overdue spring, that's for sure!!!
So you saw my picture of Nora loving on her sister that I posted yesterday. Here are a few more of my first born beauty from that same day...
Last night I thanked her for making me a mother. I can never express to her enough how precious she is to me for that reason, among so many. She is a great big sister to her "bubby" and will be just as great to Mabel. Her eyes tell a beautiful story and everyday I find myself amazed at her.
She is saying and doing things right now that are incredible! She says funny things, and serious things. Daniel told her the other night that she had so much faith and he was so proud of that. She always, without fail, talks about how Jesus healed her boo-boos and Jesus lives in her heart, not monsters. She is using her imagination like nothing I have ever witnessed, and I love how detailed her little mind has become.
She loves deeply and completely and is just the greatest joy to my heart.
So, overall, things are great here! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to mark my "half-way" in this pregnancy. What a journey it is! Thanks for enjoying it all with us.
We love you all.
Oh, and if you have questions--always feel free to comment or email me!
I have loved hearing from a few of you this week!